Applying for a degree programme
Every programme at the University of Amsterdam has its own entry requirements, application procedure and deadlines. You can find the general steps below.
On this page:
Application steps for Master's programmes
See our website for Master's programmes.
Application steps for Bachelor's programmes
- Choose an English-taught programme or a Dutch-taught programme (to see the specific application procedure)
- Check the entry requirements* and application deadlines
- Submit enrolment application in Studielink (before the application deadline)
- Submit your application form
- Register for and participate in UvA Matching** or the selection procedure*** (only for Bachelor's programmes)
- Pay the tuition fee (after admission)
*2018-2019 list of approved qualifications for English-language Bachelor's programmes
Please note that the approved qualifications for the 2018-2019 academic year are currently being determined. Leave your details using the form below and we will contact you when the approved qualifications are available.
(Non-selective English-taught Bachelor’s programmes)
UvA Matching is an (online) introduction to the Bachelor’s programme for which you are applying. It is a mandatory part of the application procedure for all non-selective Bachelor’s programmes.
(Selective English-taught Bachelor's programmes)
The UvA offers three selective Bachelor’s programmes taught in English. A limited number of places are available for these programmes and places are offered based on a selection procedure.
- Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (Amsterdam University College)